- Welcome and Download Notes
- About Marc and PCI
- How To Use This Course
- Welcome Survey
- Install, Connect, Get Server status, Poll Server
- Databases Area
- Clients area
- Schedules (part 1)
- Schedules (part 2)
- Under the Hood (FileMaker Schema)
- Under the Hood (understanding the API part 1)
- Server Heartbeat (Server Side Script)
- Known Issues
- Thank You!
- Learn more about FileMaker Server
- Other API related tools to explore
- Other Offerings from Productive Computing
This course assumes the following prerequisites:
- You have a working copy of FileMaker Advanced 17 and FileMaker Server 17.
- You are using Windows or Mac computer OS that is compatible with FileMaker Advanced 17.
Starting in 1991, Marc worked for the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) for 5 years and built the trade show database in FileMaker which tracked 1000 exhibitors and 12 football fields worth of exhibit space. NAMM is one of the world’s largest trade shows and FileMaker was keeping track of everything. While at NAMM, Marc taught computer classes at night helping users with their Macintosh, MS Word, Excel, etc. In addition, he taught music/multimedia classes at local community colleges. Marc Larochelle and his brother Keith started Productive Computing, Inc. (PCI) in 1996. The company now in its twenty-second year, serves customers who use FileMaker and QuickBooks in the areas of custom development, solutions, plug-ins, hosting and licensing. Marc is certified in FileMaker versions 7 through 16 and he also holds a certification in AWS (Amazon Web Services). Marc has been to 19 FileMaker DevCons (18 as an exhibitor) and is considered a prime influencer within the FileMaker community.