Sending and receiving data through an API (Application Programming Interface) has recently exploded in popularity. Though APIs were once just an alternative method to access or transfer data between two sources, it is becoming the standard way to integrate thousands of platforms and apps to increase efficiency and productivity.
While all APIs are very similar, they are also very different. Understanding the general concepts will be extremely helpful for any API process. Seeing a step by step process that points out the common pitfalls with specific examples will open a whole new world of possibility in solutions for you and your clients.
This course focuses on the general API process and specifically connecting to a hosted FileMaker database through the Data API.
Even if you have worked with other APIs, this course will save you hours of time by visually seeing the exact process from start to finish instead of scouring through vague, confusing, or incomplete documentation.
- Introduction to Data API
- Download Sample File
- Server Checklist
- Database Checklist
- General API Process
- Server Meta Data API Calls
- Database Meta Data API Calls
- Record Data API Calls Part 1
- Record Data API Calls Part 2
- Record Data API Calls Part 3
- Scripts with Data API
- Thank You!
- Other Offerings from Productive Computing
This course assumes the following prerequisites:
- You have a working copy of FileMaker Advanced 18 and FileMaker Server 18.
- You are using Windows or Mac computer OS that is compatible with FileMaker Advanced 18.