- Install FileMaker Server (Windows)
- Install FileMaker Server (Macintosh)
- FileMaker Server Ports (to configure firewall)
- Uninstall FileMaker Server (Windows)
- Uninstall FileMaker Server (Macintosh)
- Chapter Resources (Links mentioned in this chapter)
- What is SSL and Why is it Important (and Required)?
- SSL Certificate Types
- Purchase SSL Certificate and Domain
- Create CSR (Certificate Signing Request) Overview
- Create CSR (Certificate Signing Request) on a Mac
- Create CSR (Certificate Signing Request) on Windows
- Certificate Setup: Configuration with SSL Provider
- Download Validated Certificates From Provider
- Import Certificate Parts Into FileMaker Server
- Set up Domain to Point to FileMaker Server
- Test the SSL Cert with FileMaker
- Chapter Resources: (Links mentioned in this chapter)
- Rekey Your Certificate
- Delete the Secure Certificate From FileMaker
- Using a Dynamic IP Address
- Congratulations for Finishing the Course!
- Productive Computing Products and Services FREE PREVIEW
Great video's and to the point
Great video's and to the pointRead Less
time + energy saver course , highly commanded
time + energy saver course , highly commandedRead Less
I was waiting some courses like these practical ones - really I've never seen similar videos. Thanks
I was waiting some courses like these practical ones - really I've never seen similar videos. ThanksRead Less
Very productive. thank you. Got a "green" lock icon!
Very productive. thank you. Got a "green" lock icon!Read Less
Is this course based on a Windows or Mac server or both?
FileMaker Server can be run in a Windows or Mac environment. This course will provide instruction in both environments.
Does this course show me how to select and order an SSL certificate?
Yes! The course will talk about what is an SSL certificate, why you need it and which type of SSL certificate you will need. We discuss the list of FileMaker of Trusted Certificates and walk you through the process of ordering the SSL using GoDaddy.
Will this course teach me how to install and configure FileMaker Server software?
Yes, a basic Server installation (for testing purposes only) is demonstrated from beginning to end. Since FileMaker Server is compatible with Windows and Mac, there are lessons for installing and configuring the server software for both environments.
I’ve never used FileMaker Server, will I succeed with this course?
FileMaker Server software is robust and offers many features. This course will teach you the basics of installation, configuration of the server software as it relates to protecting it using an SSL certificate. Once completed, you will have the knowledge necessary to securely host your FileMaker solution.
Isn’t this topic already covered by FileMaker Inc.?
Yes and no. FileMaker is not in the business of teaching people how to purchase a domain or how to configure that domain and bind it with and SSL cert or point that domain to your FileMaker server. This course demonstrates all of this (using GoDaddy) and also goes a step further to explain some of the related technologies around SSL and encryption beyond what FileMaker is currently covering. Much of what FileMaker offers is either basic written instructions or overview videos that explain concepts without actually taking the student through the process in real time. In addition, because this course is instructor led, you have the opportunity to ask direct questions for more clarification or help where applicable.
Will this course have updates?
The course will be an ever-evolving offering that starts with the basics at first and then later throughout each year, more content will be added.
Why is this course a yearly subscription instead of a one-time fee for life?
This course will be continuously evolving, updating and improving. The FileMaker Platform is in a continual state of flux and improvement. As such, new tools and features become available and can be explored in this course.
This course assumes the following prerequisites:
You have access to a recent model computer that runs Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
Access to a Windows or Macintosh server.
You have a licensed copy of FileMaker Server.
The purchase and control of a domain name and SSL certificate is required in order to complete the SSL Certificate setup process on FileMaker Server 17. However, the course itself doesn't require you to purchase these items if you don't plan on following along or you are not yet ready to purchase these items.
This course requires Server 17 or above. Previous versions of FileMaker Server work slightly differently and have a different Admin console.